Experience levels: 2+ years
We are looking for a consultant to work with our clients on topics including real-world evidence, clinical research, and epidemiology. Candidates will work closely with our clients on the following topics:
- Design RWE studies for clinical research across different disease areas.
- Identify the right datasets for different studies based on the use case, intended variables and outcomes, and available data sources.
- Conduct a high-level study feasibility analysis.
- Define an analysis plan, derive insights, and develop appropriate documents to convey findings from the research.
- Conduct clinical and research literature reviews to support the above activities.
The ideal candidate for this role should have 2+ years’ experience conducting research in the pharma industry, contract research organization, or academic institute; or experience in a closely related discipline within the pharma industry. The candidate should have experience in at least a few of the below-listed activities:
- Experience in setting up, coordinating, and supervising clinical studies
- Knowledge of randomized controlled clinical trials principles, methodology, and procedures.
- Independently draft and edit documents such as high-level research proposals and protocols.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, terminology, and practices.
- Knowledge of RWE data sources and standards such as MarketScan, CPRD, JMDC, Optum, PharMetrics, and OMOP.
- Developing strong working knowledge in diseases and therapeutic areas.
- Strong research and data collection skills.
The candidate should also have the below-mentioned project management and communication skills:
- Support project management by coordinating project activities and timelines as well as issue management.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to provide a single point of accountability for workflow management through the organization, across multiple internal and external work streams.
- Ability to liaise with doctors, consultants, or investigators to facilitate study execution.
- Summarize meetings, document scopes of work & project charters, provide status updates, and create reports and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Identify resource/schedule bottlenecks and work with internal teams to mitigate risks or escalate as appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop and deliver both oral and written presentations.